It is important to think about the finer details of self storage because it will make a difference as to whether your items stay in good condition or not.
Here are some tips:
- Pack everything away in boxes. It helps when you are moving things, as well as when you are packing things in your self storage container in Leeds.
- Don't pack away anything in airtight plastic bags or containers - they will accumulate moisture and get ruined. Instead use breathable paper.
- Make sure that you leave some charcoal in the container before you close it up - charcoal is very effective in absorbing moisture.
- Dismantle furniture whenever possible - it makes it much easier to move.
- Make sure that you secure the right vehicle in advance of your move. It may sound like an easy task, but it can be hard to come across a pickup or a van at the last minute. Some moving companies have vehicles that you can hire.
- If you will be storing appliances make sure that you drain all liquid out - it prevents them from rusting.
- Make sure that all boxes are properly labeled - it helps during retrieval. You should also leave space between rows of boxes big enough for you to fit.
- Any fragile items should be wrapped in bubble wrap and newspapers before being boxed and then stacked at the very top of the container - it reduces the risk of damage.
- If you will be storing furniture such as sofas and beds make sure to get covers for them so that they don't accumulate dust over time.
- Make a detailed list of everything that you have so that you don't have to rack your brain wondering whether something is in self storage or not.
That is why it is important to go with a reputable storage facility like Boylin's Self Store.
They are one of the most secure self store Leeds facilities and their self storage containers are weatherproof.
They come in different sizes, so if you have more items to store in the future you can rent a bigger one.
You can find out more on their website, http://www.boylinsselfstore.co.uk/locations/leeds.htm dont forget to check out or other location: http://www.boylinsselfstore.co.uk/locations/