Long term self storage can be a bit tricky especially if the containers that you use are not weatherproof.
This means that the facility that you choose should have containers that are designed or long term storage, such as ours at Boylin's Self Store.
That is not all that you should take into account.
Here are additional tips:
• Find out whether the storage company offers insurance for long term self storage in Wakefield. This is especially important if you are storing items of value. If the facility offers insurance but doesn't cover your items completely you should consider making up the difference yourself by getting an additional policy.
• Find out if the self storage facility has rules against some items including chemicals and hazardous materials. Also, keep in mind that items that contain these things change over time and can cause damage to other items and even threaten human lives.
• Once you get a container you will be issued with a set of keys. You should think carefully about where you want to keep them. If you will be travelling it is important to find someone that you can trust and give them the key so that they can check on your items regularly and make sure that everything is in good condition.
• You should look into the kind of security that the facility you have in mind has to offer. Ideally, they should have 24 hour CCTV surveillance as well as additional access barriers for each container.
• Make sure that you arrange your container in such a way that you can access specific items without having to remove everything. Put like items in boxes and make sure they are well labeled. Leave some space between the boxes and the wall that you can use to move around.
At Boylin's Self Store we offer clients long term storage containers all the time.
They like us because they know that we take security very seriously.
Whatever you store with us, regardless for how long, you can be sure it will be intact when you come back for it. We however do not allow hazardous materials and chemicals and anything illegal.
You can find out more on our website, http://www.boylinsselfstore.co.uk/locations/wakefield.htm.