• The most important thing is security – you don’t want to take any risks. You should be looking for personal storage containers that have CCTV surveillance 24 hours a day. Make sure to confirm that they have additional security such as access barriers so that only you can access your container.
• It is vital that you choose a storage facility that has weatherproof containers. As the seasons change ordinary containers gather moisture and it ruins whatever is stored in them. A weatherproof container doesn’t present this kind of problem so your precious items will not get ruined.
• Find out how much they charge – there are some storage facilities that charge way more than the market average. Since you are looking for long term storage you don’t want to rent with this kind of facility.
• In addition to that find out what the minimum rental period is. Ideally, you should be able to rent for as short as a week and for as long as you want.
• There are many storage facilities that stack containers and this is a problem for clients because storing and retrieving items requires that you get on a ladder. Find a facility that has all their containers on ground level and that has enough space between the rows of containers so that you can drive your truck right up to your storage space.
Lastly, container size matters. Most storage facilities have containers in only one size which means that clients end up paying for space that they really don’t need. You should be looking for a storage facility that has different size containers – start off with only the space that you need and upgrade later if it is necessary.
One storage facility that prides itself on having all of these amenities is Boylin’s self store – with a location near you guaranteed in South Yorkshire, give us a call or visit our website at http://www.boylinsselfstore.co.uk/selfStorage/ to find out more