• Stack items. Storage units are usually about 8 feet tall and they can vary in length. One of the things that you can do to make the most of the space is to stack items, with the heavier ones at the bottom and the higher ones on top. That said, you should be very careful how you stack – you want everything to be stable. One way to make sure that everything is stable is to stuff the space between the boxes with paper.
• You will need space to move around your items once they are in storage so remember to leave an isle all around them and depending on how big your storage unit is down the middle as well. You may think that this is not necessary because you won’t need anything from the unit. That may be true but leave an isle just in case.
• To make it easier to find items when you need them, pack like items in the same box and make sure to label them. In the storage unit, you should arrange the boxes with the labels on the outside to make it easy to retrieve items.
• Before you store your items in a unit make sure that it is clean – you don’t want to pack away your items in a dirty container. Also, find out whether or not it is weather-proof. If t isn’t your items may be destroyed as the weather changes.
• If there are any items that should face up at all times remember to indicate it on the box using an upwards facing arrow.
• Don’t just pack your items in a storage unit and walk away. Write down a list of what is in the boxes and keep it handy in case something disappears.
• Cover your items with a plastic or canvas sheet just to be extra careful.
• Visit your storage unit from time to time to see that everything is in good order.
These tips should help you make the best use of your storage container and keep your items safe. If you have any more questions or want to get in touch about the storage containers we can provide, give us a call or visit our website http://www.boylinsselfstore.co.uk/ today