• The first is security. Business documents are often confidential and even one misplaced piece of paper could land you business in a lot of trouble. You want to find a storage facility that has 24 hour CCTV surveillance and that has installed additional security such as access barriers. They should be able to verify that only authorized employees are allowed to get into your container.
• Documents are weather sensitive and if you don’t choose a container that is weather proof, everything may end up getting destroyed when it rains or snows. Find a facility that has air tight containers.
• What is the size of the containers that they have? In beginning, you may need only a small container because you may not have too many documents but over time, as your business grows, you will need to store more documents. The best facilities are those that have containers of varying sizes.
• Documents are heavy so you want a facility that allows you to drive right up to the doors of the containers. You also want to choose a facility that has all their containers on the ground – there are some that stack them and you have to use a ladder to get up there - it can be very tedious (and even dangerous) when you are storing or taking out documents.
• Choose one which is affordable and where you can access your documents on all working days of the week.
One such facility is Boylin’s Self Store. They have storage solutions in Barnsley, Bradford, Leeds, Wakefield, Sheffield, Rotherham and Mexborough. Their storage facilities are safe, dry and best of all, they are the most affordable in the areas where they are located. You can find out more by calling 01226 321800 or visiting their website, http://www.boylinsselfstore.co.uk/