Self storage is where you rent a container where you can store items for as long as you like. You can store anything so long as it is legal. That said, it is important that you choose self storage carefully – not all facilities are as good as they insist they are. There are certain qualities that you are looking for:
• The first is the safety of your possessions – you should be able to find them in the same condition as when you stored them. To make facilities safe, the best self storage companies use 24 hour CCTV surveillance and addition security such as access controls.
• You want a facility where the containers are weather proof. This means that they are airtight so that rain and snow do not affect your belongings. You also want one where they clean the containers before they rent to you.
• There are many self storage facilities that have containers that are all the same size. This forces clients to rent space that they may not need. You want one where there are containers of varying sizes so that you hire a container that fits your needs exactly.
• The containers should ideally be on the ground and you should be able to drive right up to the door for easy placement and removal of items.
• You want a facility that allows you access every day during the daytime hours.
• You want affordable rates.
One of the best self storage companies in the Wakefield and Leeds areas is Boylin’s Self Store. They have a Wakefield storage facility as well as a Leeds storage facility that are second to none. You can find out more by calling them on 01226 321800 or visiting their website, http://www.boylinsselfstore.co.uk/