Thursday, 16 April 2015
Expanding an eBay business? Use self storage for your stock!
Ebay business in Sheffield, Wakefield, Leeds, Barnsley and the surrounding areas have become quite lucrative; many individuals are choosing to do it either to supplement an already existing income or as a main source of income. It involves buying stock in bulk at cheap prices and then reselling it on eBay in order to make a profit. To make money in this business you have to manage costs quite carefully – the margins can be quite thin for some items. One of the costs that you must watch out for very carefully is storage. As most people don’t have enough space in their homes to store bulk inventory, they have to consider using external storage space. There are two options – you can choose to rent a warehouse or you can use a self storage facility.
While renting a warehouse is all well and good it comes with one huge disadvantage – you have to pay exorbitant prices. That leaves self storage facilities which are affordable and come with many advantages. If you choose self storage you will enjoy the following:
• We already mentioned the cost – self storage facilities in the area are so much cheaper than renting a warehouse – you pay just a few pounds a week. This way you can maximize on profits by minimizing on costs.
• Self storage facilities usually have 24 hour CCTV surveillance ensuring that your inventory is always safe. You can choose a facility that has additional safety features such as barrier controls which ensure access only by authorised persons.
• The best self storage facilities are arranged in such a way that you can drive up to the door ensuring that you can bring it and remove inventory with ease.
• Unlike warehouses that usually have long lease periods, self storage facilities allow you to rent from 1 week up to as long as you want. This means that when business is slow you don’t have to pay for storage you are not using.
• You can access your self storage facility any time you want during the day, and most are open 7 days a week.
One such self storage facility is Boylin’s Selfstore. They have locations in Barnsley, Bradford, Leeds, Rotherham, Sheffield, Swinton, Mexborough and Wakefield. They have the lowest rates of all storage facilities in the area, provide excellent storage conditions and they are also very safe. You can find out more by calling them on 01226 321800 or by visiting their website, http://www.boylinsselfstore.co.uk/